Outdated Curio Cabinet

The other day I shared a glimpse of a piece of furniture that I painted over the weekend.  That piece of furniture was a curio cabinet that sits in the upstairs hallway.      

009

   This is what it looked like before.  

004

It was a gift from my parents back in the 80’s.  I have to tell you, I was seriously thinking about getting rid of it.  I had grown tired of the dolls, knick knacks and the oak finish.  BUT now that it’s painted….I feel differently. 

001

I used Annie Sloan chalk paint.

006 

First I painted the entire piece with country gray and then lightly brushed graphite here and there.  After it dried, I sprayed water and wiped it down to show signs of  wear.  Next, I applied dark wax.   

017

Instead of filling the cabinet back up with all the dolls and knick knacks, I filled the cabinet up with things I had around the house.

003

I placed my small collections of wooden bobbins and some small quilts inside. 

016 

013

The only doll that I placed inside was my bride doll.  She was given to me for Christmas when I was 13.  She will be 39 years old this coming Christmas.    

019

Isn’t it amazing what a little paint can do to an outdated piece of furniture.  I think I’m going to keep it, at least for a little while anyway.   I have more painting projects going on in the hallway so be sure to come back and see what I’m up to next.   

As always, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day.

Gail

Linking this post to:

The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up!

Three Mango Seeds for Do It Ya Self

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment